Grandma Says Dairy Gives You Acne?

Some of the first advice my grandma ever gave me was concerning my acne. It's something I suffered with as a teenager, but I've sometimes had it reoccur as an adult, even though it's to a lesser degree.

I used to try all kinds of creams and gadgets, and I even got quite into Proactiv, even though it can be quite expensive. They worked a little bit, but never permanently, and it only seemed to lessen the symptoms rather than make them disappear altogether.

I think my mom must have mentioned it to my grandma one day, because the next time I saw her she started talking about it. She asked me if I ate much dairy, and I told her that yes, I did. She said I should try to cut back on that and see if it helps my skin.

I really didn't think diet has much to do with it, and maybe it doesn't for some people - because I'm not saying that dairy is the cause of acne or anything. But when I stopped eating cheese, drinking milk, and eating yogurts, I found my acne did improve quite a bit. I was still using some skin care products though so maybe some of it can be explained by that. But I'm sure my grandma was right about the dairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment